How to Mine DERO with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)¶
Setting Up the VM(Virtual Machine)¶
- Go here and sign in with your Google Account. Enter the details requested to sign up for the free trial. You will need a valid credit card to sign up for it
- After signing up, go here
- If it asks you for a project name, enter one or let it be the defualt one, it doesn't really matter.
- On the top, click
- Give it a name, just one so that you can remember what it is and you can differentiate between the VM's you set up
- Choose a zone. Any zone will do, doesn't really matter.
Note: For every VM, you must choose a different zone. If
us-central1-b, and so on and so forth.
3.6 GB. Change
Intel Skylake or later
- Leave the rest as is, and click double check both
Allow HTTP trafficand
Allow HTTPS traffic
- Follow instructions for setting it up
Mining Instructions For Debian Linux on GCP ¶
SSH into the GCP instance and follow these steps-
Guide sponsored by Monerise
Open the terminal and install dependencies by running this command-
sudo apt install libmicrohttpd-dev libssl-dev cmake build-essential libhwloc-dev git
Clone the package-
git clone https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak.git
To remove donations, type-
constexpr double fDevDonationLevel = 2.0 / 100.0;
constexpr double fDevDonationLevel = 0.0 / 100.0;
Make a directory-
Move over there-
cmake .. -DCUDA_ENABLE=OFF -DOpenCL_ENABLE=OFF
Finish building it-
XMR-Stak will now be located in
Move to where it's at-
XMR-Stak Setup and Configuration¶
Upon first launching XMR-Stak, the software will ask you several setup and configuration questions.
Please enter: - Do you want to use the HTTP interface? Unlike the screen display, browser interface is not affected by the GPU lag. If you don't want to use it, please enter 0, otherwise enter port number that the miner should listen on
0, if you are like most people, and do not need to remotely check your hashrate.
If you do need to, then enter a port number. Let's take the port number as
0101and your IP address as
188.8.131.52as an example.
To check the hashrate, enter in the address bar of your web browser,
<184.108.40.206>:<0101>. It should show a page with your rig's hashrate. If you are checking from the same IP address as the miner, you can alternatively enter,
Make sure to enter your own IP address if you enable this feature. You can choose any port you want!
``` Please enter: - Please enter the currency that you want to mine: - aeon7 - bbscoin - croat - cryptonight - cryptonight_heavy - cryptonight_lite - cryptonight_lite_v7 - cryptonight_v7 - edollar - electroneum - graft - haven - intense - karbo - monero7 - stellite - sumokoin - turtlecoin ``` Enter `cryptonight`
- Pool address: e.g. pool.example.com:3333
Choose a pool from any of the available pools that is closest to you and enter its URL (you will be able to add more later).
- Username (Wallet address or pool login):
If you have not yet downloaded and ran the DERO core software to sync the blockchain and create a wallet, you can view a guide on how to make one!
- Password (mostly empty or x):
- Rig identifier for pool-side statistics (needs pool support). Can be empty:
Leave it empty and press enter.
- Does this pool port support TLS/SSL? Use no if unknown. (y/N)
In most cases,
- Do you want to use nicehash on this pool? (y/n)
n(in case you do, enter
- Do you want to use multiple pools? (y/n)
yif you would like to add more pools.
- Give them all a weight of
10if you're tired of reading, or if you want the best experience, give the pools nearest to you a higher number, and the ones further from you a lower number.
- XMR-Stak will prioritize the highest weight pool, and fall back to the others if it cannot connect.
- If they are all given the same weight, it will connect to them in order of how they are listed, form top to bottom, in the configuration file.
- If you are on Windows ⅞, it will ask for administrator permission again. Click
Yesto grant it permission.
- If you are on Windows 10, it will not ask for it again.
Done! The miner will now start scanning your hardware and will begin mining. Awesome!
XMR-Stak will save your configuration in
config.txt in the same directory from which it was first run.
Your configuration for pools(algorithm to mine, address, port etc) will be saved in
The configuration of the device it mines(CPU/AMD/NVIDIA) will be saved in
Run XMR-Stak again from the same directory to reuse the configuration.